Recuva: The free deleted file recovery utility
Introduction to Recuva File Recovery Software
Recuvais a free file recovery utility forWindows, edited bypiriform. This software allows you to recover files deleted by mistake, corrupted, or lost following a failure of the hard disk or an attack of virus. Recuva is capable of recovering files from all sorts of media such as hard drives, SSDs, USB drives, memory cards and iPods.
How does Recuva work?
Recuva uses a two-step file recovery method to find your data: it first searches for lost files on your hard drive and then tries to recover them if possible. The advantage of Recuva is that it is simple to use; you don’t need to be an expert to install it and use it to recover your precious files.
The advantages of Recuva
Here are some of the benefits of using Recuva:
- Free and easy to use.
- The software can recover most types of lost or deleted files.
- Supports all Windows versions including 64-bit version.
- Supports file recovery from all kinds of media such as hard drives, SSDs, USB drives and memory cards.
- It is able to find empty files from Recycle Bin.
How to use Recuva to recover deleted files?
Using Recuva is easy. Just follow the next steps:
- Download and install Recuva on your computer from Piriform official website.
- Start the application and follow the instructions given by the installer.
- Choose the type of files you want to recover (e.g. documents, pictures, videos, music).
- Tell Recuva where to look for files (e.g. local drive, recycle bin, etc.)
- Start the search for lost or deleted files by clicking on the “Scan” button.
- Recuva will display all the files it is able to recover. Choose the ones you want to recover and click “Recover” button to save them to your computer.
The loss of important files can cause many problems, whether they are business documents, photos or personal videos. Recuva is a free and effective solution that allows you to recover files deleted by mistake. The software can recover a variety of different file types from a variety of media and is easy to use even for beginners.
1. What if Recuva fails to recover my files?
If Recuva fails to recover your files, try using another data recovery program or sending your hard drive to a professional data recovery company.
2. Is Recuva safe to use?
Yes, Recuva is safe to use. It will not cause any other errors or problems on your computer.
3. Can I use Recuva on a Mac?
No, Recuva only works on Windows computers. If you need a Mac data recovery program, try Disk Drill or Data Rescue.